Friday, July 18, 2008

My writing space

Hi all,

I have been thinking about whether my writing space is conducive to writing.

Here are a couple of pictures of it.

Note the many ideas for stories pinned to the board in the background.

I think I've gotten rid on all the incriminating evidence from this picture.



Even mores shelves with books in them. Pity I have only read about a third of them, but I am not short of a book to read.



This is the scintillating view from my window: I am certainly not going to be distracted by it.

Lately I've tried listening to music while writing, which seems to have helped at least prolong a writing session. But 80's newwave and pop music is probably not the most inspiring music to listen to. Mathew Reilly says he watches the cricket while he's writing, I wonder if that's a sentence between overs and a burst of productivity at lunch and tea times, and does he only write in the summer time? I don't have any set times for writing but it seems to happen in the late afternoon, after I've done everything else, like work and fool around on myspace and facebook. Perhaps I should find a book on creating a writing space. I'm sure someone has written one.

Graham.


PS. I get a nice buzz of achievement when I learn to do something new on a computer. Today I wrote my first blot messages that included photographs. Now to see how difficult the task will be on blogspot.

No comments: